UTC Oxfordshire is looking to appoint an innovative, dynamic and passionate teacher to join our growing Engineering department. The successful applicant will join the UTC as it grows and develops into it's fourth year. We recommend a tour of the UTC to find out more about what we do and talk to our current staff - if you would like to come along please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UTC specialises in science and engineering, alongside a broad and balanced curriculum. We benefit from the support of local employers and three leading universities who enrich and enhance our unique curriculum offer.
UTC Oxfordshire is centrally located with excellent transport links close by.
We can offer:
· An exciting opportunity to work as a growing and supportive team
· An environment where the focus is upon high quality teaching and employment outcomes
· A unique curriculum with outstanding facilities and cutting edge ICT and technology to support learning.
· An opportunity to develop you teaching career with the possibility of progression as the role develops.
· Unparalleled professional development
· Focused teaching - only KS4 and KS5. Average class sizes: KS4 - 20, KS5 - 15
· Fully supported laptop provided with latest software to simplify your workload
The successful candidate will need to:
· Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
· Have excellent communication skills
· Be ready to embrace the challenge of a new school and the opportunities that exist.
We would welcome applications from ambitious and forward thinking NQTs.
Application deadline: 8th Feb, 12 noon
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting / interviews have taken place.
Safeguarding recruitment statement
UTC Oxfordshire is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will meet the person specification, and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure and complete the relevant safeguarding training.