We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join our English department. This is an opportunity to work in a demanding and fast moving Academy. The post holder will work with the Director of English to deliver the accountabilities detailed in the job description.
The principal accountabilities are to:
· Plan, prepare and teach lessons to students assigned to his/her according to the students’ educational needs with reference to prior attainment, SEN and English as an additional language as required.
· Teach across the age and ability range, in line with the National Curriculum programmes of study, in such a way as to challenge and inspire students of all abilities.
· Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students assigned to him/her in line with Academy policies.
· Contribute to the planning and implementation of the curriculum in accordance with National Curriculum, Academy and subject guidelines.
· Liaise with colleagues to ensure a coherent programme of study for the students assigned to him/her. Supervise support staff and provide cover as appropriate.
· Set high expectations for students’ behaviour establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships
· Be familiar with, support and reinforce the aims, ethos, policies and procedures of the Academy and curriculum area with students, staff and parents where appropriate.
· Promote enrichment and extension activities related to the subject.
· Be responsible for an aspect of the Curriculum Development / Improvement Plan, as agreed with the Curriculum Leader/Director.
· Participate in meetings in the school, which relate to the efficient management of the school or the objective of raising standards within the department and Academy.
· Perform role of form tutor and assisting in general organisation, behaviour and order of the Academy.
· Undertake all necessary work to enable pupils to enter public examinations.
Sirius Academy is situated in a state-of-the-art £48m facility. If you seek a new challenge and want to be part of a first class team, come and join us.