The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Appropriate teaching qualification.
- Full GTC (Scotland) registration in the appropriate subject/sector, or be eligible for such registration.
- PVG scheme membership – Working with Children.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Ability to teach the full curriculum in the relevant subject or sector, and to develop the curriculum.
- Ability to manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning.
- Ability to assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches.
- Ability to prepare pupils for examinations and qualifications and where required, assist with their administration.
- Ability to contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
- Ability to contribute to the school and council planning and improvement processes.
- Ability to maintain and develop knowledge and skills and contribute to the professional development of colleagues including probationary and student teachers.
Closing date: 04/12/2016