Teacher of English, Accelerated Learning
MPS + TLR 2B
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher of English, with the skills and knowledge to lead accelerated literacy learning for identified pupils.
· Do you believe every child can succeed, no matter their starting point?
· Are you an inspirational teacher of English?
· Do you believe in a traditional approach to teaching and a core knowledge curriculum?
· Are you an energetic person who is dedicated to the life chances of young people?
Commencement Date: 1 September 2018
At Mercia School, lessons will be:
· Exceptionally challenging for all pupils, no matter their ability or need.
· Taught in a traditional way that gives pupils time to practise and master content.
· A subject that raises aspiration so all pupils have a successful career and a happy life.
· Preparing pupils for the challenges at GCSE and A-level, from day one.
Your role will be to teach excellent lessons, accelerate the learning of identified pupils, promote a love of learning and commit yourself to the vision of the school.
We welcome applications from talented, ambitious individuals who can dedicate themselves to the implementation of the school’s vision.
If you do not believe in the ethos and mission of Mercia School, please do not apply.
At Mercia School we will offer an education that is traditional and academically rigorous. It is our belief that all pupils, whatever their background, have a right to a culturally rich education. We strive to ensure all pupils can access the very best universities in the land, or a valuable alternative.
To apply, please send a covering letter (no more than 3 sides in Calibri font size 12) along with your competed application form to email@example.com
Please include answers to these questions, within your letter:
1. Why do you want to teach at Mercia School?
2. How would you fit into our unique ethos?
Please email any enquiries about this post to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 21 March 2018
‘Let us be united by knowledge’