Required January or April 2020
TEACHER OF ENGLISH & LITERACY CO-ORDINATOR
TLR 2b (£4,655)
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of English & Literacy Co-ordinator. This position is available for either a January or April 2020 start. We are ideally looking for the successful applicant to start in January 2020 if possible as this is when the role becomes available.
You will be expected to contribute to the continued development of the Department’s curriculum. You should be able to communicate effectively with students and colleagues as well as having good organisational skills.
You should be a reflective practitioner, interested in developing your practice and trying out new strategies in your teaching. You will already be, at least, a competent user of ICT, and happy to learn more. Above all, we wish to appoint an imaginative and enthusiastic teacher, who will be keen to work alongside a team determined to create an excellent department and one keen to develop excellent relationships with students and staff.
You will have a passion for working with young people and you will relish the satisfaction that comes from helping them to develop and to learn. The successful candidate will, of course, be an important part of the department and can expect the support needed to develop his/her career further but will also be expected to:
• Possess the ability to inspire and motivate, and who have a passion for teaching and learning.
• Have consistently high expectations with the drive to help all students achieve their full potential.
• Be an exceptional team player and who enjoys supporting and working collaboratively with others.
• Have the skill to form positive relationships for learning with all staff, students and parents.
• Share our vision to deliver outstanding education for children and young adults and the commitment to make a difference to outcomes and achievements of all our students.
What we can offer you in return:
• A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our schools have modern buildings, with light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
• We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust.
• Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
• Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way, and our buddy system gives new staff a supportive and knowledgeable mentor.
• Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
For further details please visit the HAT website: http://www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs/
Closing date: Monday 18 November 2019
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).