Teacher of English with responsibility for Reading and Vocabulary Lead
MPS/UPS & TLR 2A £2796
- Required: September 2020 (or earlier)
- Deadline: 9am Monday 9th December 2019
- Interview: Wednesday 18th December 2019
Lawn Manor Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust (RWBAT). The RWBAT is built around ‘Excellence in Education’.
We achieve 'Excellence' through compassion, respect and ambition.
• Compassion: to understand and recognize the needs of the members and stakeholders of each Academy whose lives will be enhanced and enlightened through their experiences in and out of the classroom.
• Respect: for the traditions, knowledge and experiences gained over many years in Academies through developing and supporting both staff as they progress through their careers and pupils as they leave school.
• Ambition: for the community for the future, it’s economic development, it’s safety, it’s ability to thrive, to be a great place to learn and to work and to have a vibrant educational community with amenities for all age groups.
Together the Schools strengthen each other, sharing good practice and building capacity for all. If you want to be part of our vision, mission and values, and you are willing to go the extra mile to make a real difference to children’s lives, we would be pleased to receive your application for employment with us.
We are seeking to recruit a passionate Teacher of English who will be:
• An excellent role model with a desire to share this with pupils and staff
• Committed to raising achievement and able to deliver excellent outcomes
• A leader; able to inspire and motivate others
In addition to the responsibilities of a classroom teacher, the Reading and Vocabulary Lead, will lead meetings, diseminate key message and contribute to the quality of provision across the school. The post has been reviewed and refined in line with the school’s Independence curriculum to build knowledge through literacy and oracy. Reading and vocabulary are key to the disciplinary literacy of every subject. The post holder will work effectively across teams to support in raising pupil outcomes by improving reading fluency and vocabulary knowledge across the school.
The job description lists all the main duties of the post, together with further details of the competencies (skills), experience, qualifications, knowledge and abilities required to do the job. The criteria listed within the job description detail how each of these areas will be assessed. It is important that you identify the competencies, experience, qualifications, knowledge and abilities that will be assessed by application form, as you will need to provide evidence that you meet these criteria.
For more details of how to apply please see the application pack. No CV's will be accepted. Applications made after the closing date will not be accepted.
Lawn Manor Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please note any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.