The British Experimental Academy of Pingxiang (the international division of Pingxiang Experimental School)
Teacher of English and Drama
Required 20th August 2017
Full-time, Fixed-term (2 years in the first instance with renewal option thereafter)
There may be possibility for a later start in exceptional circumstances to attract outstanding teachers for the upcoming academic year
China based telephone for job enquires: 0086 (0)799-6692068
UK based telephone for job enquires: 0044 (0)3330130783
Age range: 3 – 18 years old
Student background: native Chinese
School type: Mainstream, independent
Phase: pre-school, primary, junior secondary, senior secondary
We are looking for International Teachers to join our dynamic and friendly staff team who are passionate to deliver high quality education to our motivated students.
The successful candidates will be rewarded with a comprehensive remuneration package and invaluable opportunities for personal and professional development and fulfilment.
Quote from Vanessa Darley, an Art Teacher from the UK who has worked at The British Experimental School of Pingxiang for two years and are continuing onto her third year: “The school is very friendly and supportive. The local food is delicious and it is very easy to travel to see other parts of China and Asia.”
General requirements of applicants:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and teaching qualification (e.g. QTS) or Education Degree from a recognised institution;
- A minimum of two years full-time teaching experience in the relevant subject (will require written reference from previous employer); experience of five or more years teaching is desirable;
- Fluent English speaking teachers with excellent communication skills, and the flexibility to support EAL learners;
- Successful experience of teaching the English National Curriculum; the role will be to teach one of the above listed subjects based on the English National Curriculum, and make suitable modifications to meet the needs of Chinese students;
- Successful candidates would be expected to teach across the full age ranges; experience of teaching in both primary and secondary settings are desirable;
- Strong classroom and behavioural management skills and be able to teach mixed-ability classes;
- Display the highest standards of professionalism and demonstrate excellence in the classroom, a passion for maximising students’ learning and skills development, a commitment to taking a full and active role in the school;
- The ability to work collaboratively as a team player in an international setting, and have the necessary drive, dedication and self-discipline to work effectively as an individual;
- Good organisation skills; has had some or is ready for managerial experience;
- Mature, adaptable and resilient;
- Confident global citizen or a willingness to become one; experience of travelling within different cultures;
- Hold a current DBS enhanced disclosure or equivalent criminal record check clearance for countries lived in outside of the UK;
- Compliance with visa requirements for working in China.
- Please note the Chinese work visa regulations restrict us from offering employment to people above the age of 60.
A comprehensive remuneration package for International Teacher, to include:
- Salary: competitive salaries paid in local Chinese currency RMB and are subject to Chinese income tax. The school will offer gross annual salary in the range of 260,000 RMB – 360,000 RMB, and there is possibility to offer higher salary in exceptional circumstances to attract outstanding teachers. The school will take into consideration the candidate’s work experience, qualifications and professional achievements.
- Gratuity: one month salary bonus upon completion of the initial two-year contract; staff renewing contract for the third year or more receive an extra one month salary per year.
- Free accommodation and food (weekly basic grocery delivered to kitchen) on campus for the teacher. The school has a comfortable living area dedicated to international teachers with western style apartments.
- Medical: commercial health insurance cover arranged and paid for the teacher, according to “Foreign Experts Medicare Scheme” under the Pingxiang City Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs.
- Visa, work permit and resident permit arranged and paid (invoices needed for reimbursement). Staff will be working in a fully legal and secure framework.
- Flights: one annual return flight and airport transport to home residence for the teacher.
- Relocation allowance: 5000 RMB allowance each way at the start and end of employment to help towards excess baggage.
- Training: induction and in-service training including free Mandarin Chinese lessons.
- Chinese culture sightseeing allowance: 5000RMB after tax at the beginning of each school year.
- Tuition waver at the school for eligible dependent children. Job opportunities for eligible dependent spouse.
- Your working hours will be 8 hours a day between the hours of 07:30 -18:30 subject to timetable arrangement, Monday to Friday over a maximum of 40 weeks per year. This will include teaching up to 25 lessons per week (based on 40 minutes per lesson).
- In addition you will work such additional hours as may be needed to enable you to discharge effectively your professional duties, including in particular, the marking of pupils' work, the writing of reports on pupils and the preparation of lessons, teaching materials and teaching programmes. The amount of time required for this purpose beyond the specified hours above shall depend upon the work needed to discharge your professional duties.
- According to Chinese official national public holiday schedule, you may have to work on some weekend days as adjusted official working days.
- You are entitled to paid school holidays, Chinese public holidays and 7 fixed days over the Christmas period.
How to apply for a job at school:
Please obtain and complete an application form and send together with your CV by email and direct any enquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application: 30 June 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview either online or face-to-face (which can take place in Chelmsford UK or Pingxiang China), and we reserve the right to contact candidates before the closing date.
School promotional videos:
• https://v.qq.com/x/page/r0500jcct7g.html (in English)
• https://v.qq.com/x/page/u0390hnf4iw.html (with English subtitle)
To help us make a fair and balanced assessment of you as a candidate, please provide us with all the information needed. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references, background and criminal record checks, and other necessary pre-employment checks including medical as part of China work visa requirement.