Due to its successful start and rapid development, The British International School of Timisoara (BIST) is looking for qualified teachers to join our team for the next academic year starting in August 2020. NQT applications will be considered for some of these positions. Interested candidates should send a CV and completed BIST application form, which can be downloaded from our school website.
Vacancies available for August 2020:
- English and Drama (with the ability to teach Key Stage 3, IGCSE and Key Stage 5 Literature and English Language) – this role could also lead to a Head of Department position as the school grows and develops a Middle Management team
This is a unique opportunity for dedicated and passionate teachers who love being in the classroom and working with children, but also those who wish to join us in developing an innovative and exciting centre of learning: BIST is on its way to becoming one of the leading schools in Romania.
The British International School of Timisoara is the first school with a British International curriculum to be established in the western part of Romania. It is a cutting-edge project with state-of-the-art facilities, modern resources and a keen desire to provide a rigorous curriculum using a truly international approach. BIST opened in September 2019 for students in Reception to Year 9, and it has already developed waiting lists in several year groups. The school will grow gradually by implementing the Cambridge IGCSE programme at KS4 and we aim to offer the International Baccalaureate curriculum at KS5. The school has successfully completed its first COBIS inspection and has become the first COBIS school in the western part of Romania.
Located in the northern part of Timisoara, the campus can accommodate up to 800 students and is expected to reach its full capacity by 2024. The school benefits from a generous space of over 10 000 square metres with extended green areas and outdoor facilities.
The successful candidate will need to be a passionate teacher who has the drive and keen desire to bring a significant contribution to the school and to the educational sector in this part of Romania. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Know how to build positive relationships;
- Have an engaging personality and teaching style;
- Have good classroom management skills;
- Have good communication skills;
- Have high expectations of children and themselves;
- Have strong subject knowledge and master a variety of teaching and assessment strategies;
- Be flexible and willing to learn new things;
- Be a team player and like to share good practice;
- Have a positive attitude and be solution orientated;
- Be keen to provide an engaging, stimulating and supporting learning environment
For further information about the school and about the roles, please go to the school website www.britishschool-timisoara.ro and the Primary School Teacher Job Description and Secondary School Teacher Job Description.
If you are interested in any of the positions outlined above, please apply by sending your CV and application letter no later than April 11th to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The British International School of Timisoara takes safeguarding children very seriously and as such all staff are subject to rigorous checks. These include: enhanced DBS clearance, (or similar checks both from the country of origin and the previous country of employment), three satisfactory referees, qualification checks and employment history.