An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Tenby International School, Penang is located on a lush, green 6-acre site with excellent purpose-built facilities close to Batu Ferringhi just outside Georgetown, operating two streams on the same site; one International (IPC, National Curriculum for England, IGCSE & A Levels) and one following the Malaysian curriculum. The school provides opportunities for students to join either Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary and Secondary School or Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum) and caters for children from 3 years of age to 18 years of age.
We are one of the leading schools on the island of Penang and we are celebrating our best ever IGCSE and A level results in 2016. The International Secondary team have produced outstanding results over a 3 year period and we are looking to appoint dynamic and inspirational teacher into our school. Find out more about our school on our website (www.tenby.edu.my/penang) and social media sites.
We offer a rich, quality education with affordable fees. The school caters for the children of expatriates working and living in Malaysia and for Malaysian families who opt for international education. The student population comprising 33 different nationalities is approximately 750 students, with 560 attending the international school, 400 of which in secondary. The students are very able and expectations are high. Our teaching staff are both expatriate and Malaysian.
Our approach is individual – we strive for every student to stretch themselves beyond their potential and in doing so we reflect our vision of ‘A united world at peace – through Education’.
Memberships & Affiliations
We are a member of the Council of International Schools (CIS), a centre for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) and are authorised to deliver the International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
We are looking for inspirational, dynamic and vibrant English and Drama Teacher to join our forward thinking teaching team that provides high quality teaching and learning for our students. You will teach English and Drama across Key Stage 3 & IGCSE and will help students as both individuals and groups to bring English to life, will foster an appreciation of theatre and provide a joyful and supportive learning environment for dramatic development and ensure that students are engaged in and excited about their learning.
This role also comes with potential pastoral responsibility for the suitable candidate either as Leader of Key Stage 3 or Leader of Key Stage 4. This will involve leading a pastoral care team and overseeing pastoral responsibilities for the key stage.
Outstanding candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Applicants should have a degree, PGCE, QTS or equivalent with teaching experience, particularly in the areas of child-centred teaching and learning.
- Applicants will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge and a sound understanding of the English National Curriculum.
- Motivated individual with keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in the subject area of English and Drama.
- Good interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills with fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Applicants should be energetic and progressive minded.
- Can be a reflective individual who is committed to life-long learning and development
- Be able to lead and manage whole school productions and events both internally and externally.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews will be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
How to Apply
The closing date is 7th June 2017 but it is strongly recommended to submit applications as soon as possible.
Further information and details of other positions are available on our website: www.tenby.edu.my (http://www.tenby.edu.my/)
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references and criminal record checks.
(We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)