Esher High School is an 11-16 oversubscribed high performing school. We were judged ‘Good’ in our March 2017 Ofsted, marking the start of our journey to outstanding. Recent substantial investment in our facilities has given us an outstanding learning environment. This includes seven new English classrooms.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving and fully staffed English department which has seen a significant improvement in results over the last two years with achievement above the national average. We want to work with an innovative teacher who is:-
· Passionate about English and able to inspire students.
· Able to demonstrate a positive and creative approach in the classroom.
· Experience of working with students in small groups and 1:1 to deliver literacy programmes, such as Units of Sound, Type to Learn and The LIT Programme.
· Committed to the continuous process of raising attainment.
· Keen to share and promote the school’s vision of high standards and success for all.
We are a truly comprehensive and inclusive school, committed to providing the best education we can for the children in our local community. A full induction programme is provided for all new staff and a commitment to continued professional development e.g. access to peer coaching, termly teachmeets & learning walks and bespoke personalised training.
We welcome early applications and will consider holding interviews before the closing date for strong candidates.
Please see the vacancies section at www.esherhigh.surrey.sch.uk or apply online to email@example.com telephone 01372 468068 Ext 225.
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 21st May
Interviews will be held on: W/C 21st May
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.