When you become a teacher in a GEMS school you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. Teachers at GEMS schools access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as well as ensuring that GEMS attracts, and retains the highest calibre teaching and leadership staff. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
Jumeirah College is a GEMS Premium Secondary School which delivers The National Curriculum for England, offering the full range of GCSE and A level courses. The College has been repeatedly judged to be Outstanding in inspections. Although non-selective, students achieve exceptional exam results which compare to top UK schools. In 2016 48% of Year 11 gained 8 or more A*/A and at A level 76% of all results were A*-B.
Our student body is a dynamic international community of over 1,100 students from over 60 nationalities and we take pride in the development of the whole child, recognising the importance of developing cultural and global awareness. We have a thriving enriched curriculum which provides a diverse range of activities, initiatives and charitable endeavours that both engage our student body and embed our philosophy of global awareness and world citizenship.
As one of the leading schools in the Middle East, Jumeirah College is the first choice school for many families. This success has been recently recognised with the school being nominated for a British International School Award.
The Post: Teacher of English and Media
From September 2017, we are looking for an outstanding teacher of Media and English to join our School. The successful applicant will be joining an outstanding department, with GCSE results of 55% A*/A. Media Studies, English Language and English Literature are all taught at A Level and are very popular subjects.
There may be an opportunity for this position to become Head of Media Studies for the right candidate.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification in Media or English.
- Experience of teaching GCSE English and A-Level Media Studies. We are seeking to appoint talented, highly motivated and well-qualified individuals. You should have a proven track record of outstanding learning and teaching. Up to date knowledge of Media theory and analysis would be welcomed.
- At least 2 years’ experience of the National Curriculum for England. The willingness to commit to Extra Curricular based activities, including building on the department’s success with film competitions in the UAE.
What we offer:
- Students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to successful candidates, including competitive tax free salary, furnished accommodation, medical insurance, visa costs, baggage allowance, annual flight allowance and free school places for up to two dependants.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students, then we would very much welcome your application.
Please visit www.gemseducation.com/careers and apply for these positions online. (Ref: GCO-000087)
Please ensure you have uploaded an up to date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph. Please note, there is no closing date and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will take place in the Central London from Saturday 21st – Monday 23rd January 2017