We are looking to appoint an excellent Teacher of English to join our large and vibrant English Faculty. There is scope to also teach Media and, for an exceptional candidate, there are leadership opportunities available in Media.
Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning - as learning & teaching is at the heart of everything we do. The Beacon School is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and is part of the thriving GLF Multi-Academy Trust. We have academic express streams, a strong house system and enrichment activities. We offer extensive professional development opportunities and the school is an exciting, innovative place to work.
As a colleague:
- You will join an exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
- Be able to teach students who want to learn
- Be supported by highly experienced leaders in the Faculty
- Have access to an excellent programme of CPD
- You will have the opportunity to deliver CPD in the Faculty and across the whole school
- There is the opportunity to be coached or become a coach
- You will be able to collaborate and develop your career alongside other colleagues from across the 30 GLF schools
- Receive a Chromebook and the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
- You will have access to a part-funded Masters qualification
- You will have the opportunity to apply for an SLE accreditation
- There are numerous opportunities to be fast-tracked into school leadership
- There is a large range of extra-curricular activities and visits to be involved with
- There is a very strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have excellent communication and leadership skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
We proudly serve our local community, attracting students from a wide range of backgrounds and we are once again heavily oversubscribed for September 2019.
We are conveniently located with excellent road links and just forty minutes by train from London Victoria.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Paul Cuthbert, Deputy Headteacher.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd May 2019
We reserve the right to call candidates to interview prior to application deadline or withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
References may be requested upon receipt of your application, so please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interview date.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion