Vinschool is a high-quality K-12 non-profit school system in Vietnam. Vinschool aspires to bring world-class education to the young generation of Vietnam and inspire positive, transformational changes within the education community in Vietnam. . We diligently strive to build on the values of national education whilst refining the very best that international education has to offer.
The VinSchool Bi-Lingual (Cambridge) Program is an integrated bilingual school providing teaching and learning across the frameworks of the VinSchool Education System, the Vietnamese National Curriculum and the Cambridge international programmes of study.
Vinschool is seeking dynamic, dedicated and experienced teachers of English as a Second Language to join our international teaching team. Successful applicants will teach English as a Second Language at Primary or Secondary school levels. The course of study follows the relevant Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum. Successful applicants will be suitably qualified and experienced, as well as being fully committed to supporting the development of students through curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Essential Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
- Teaching English as a Second Language to students according to the requirements of the Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum.
- Preparing curriculum and lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities.
- Adapting teaching methods, learning strategies and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students.
- Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring student academic progress and providing pertinent feedback.
- Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, behavior, social development and health.
- Conferring with teachers, parents or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioral or academic issues.
- Preparing and implementing remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Attending faculty meetings, professional development training and school events.
- Planning and working on extracurricular activities such as clubs, academic contests, etc.
- Performing miscellaneous professional duties as assigned by the Principal/Director.
- Degree qualification.
- Teaching qualification/licence/certification as applicable
- Preference will be given to those graduating with honors or holding a Master’s degree.
- Experience and/or interest in teaching discrete English as a Second Language in Primary or Secondary school settings.
- Experience of Cambridge International Examinations is desired, but not essential.
- DBS/Police Background Certificate (or equivalent) – additional background screening may be required in accordance with child protection and safeguarding expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
- Fluent English speaker
- Strong presentation, communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Competency in class management, time management, interpersonal relations and team work.
- Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted and positive outlook.
Interested candidates send email a letter of application, curriculum vitae and copy of qualifications to Ms. Mai Pham, HR Department: email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted for interview arrangements during June 2017 and will be requested to provide the contact details of 3 professional referees for reference checks. Successful candidates will be provided a job offer, terms of appointment and labor contract. for consideration. Salary and benefits are based on qualifications and years of experience.