We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher of English B with the possibility of a Subject Coordinator role - 1.0 FTE at ISH Secondary School.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Deliver lessons by leading and inspiring students, resulting in the desired learning outcomes in English IB MYP and DP.
- Stay current on approaches to Teaching and Learning.
- Keep accurate records of attendance, class performance and assessments grades (both formative and summative)
- Be able to use the data successfully for lesson preparation, differentiation, formative feedback and progress updates.
The successful candidate will be:
- Innovative, committed to learning and up-to-date with current research;
- Inspiring, challenging and empowering;
- An excellent team player both within the department and across the school, willing to work collaboratively and support the ongoing development of the English department and the whole school;
- Proactive and have an enthusiastic approach to teaching and wider professional practice;
- Flexible and have the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community;
- Willing to be involved in extracurricular activities;
- A role model for the ISH Community Profile.
We are a forward thinking school and therefore we invest in potential future leaders as well as excellent teachers. We expect our teachers to be skilled in using digital tools for teaching (example: MacBook Air, Touch Screen boards and iPads). The chosen candidate will be a reflective practitioner and embrace opportunities for Continuous Professional Learning.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor or Master's degree in English Language or related field;
- An official teaching qualification such as a Bachelor or Master’s level degree in Education, Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate in Education etc. to teach all year groups and levels in Secondary Education. Please know that in order to work for us, you must be a fully qualified teacher in accordance with the standards required by the Dutch Education Authorities (DUO);
- The teaching qualification must be officially recognized either in your home country or the country in which you obtained your qualification;
- The teaching qualification must be for teaching English as a Foreign Language to all of Secondary Education;
- For applicants from the UK, you will have completed the PGCE and been awarded QTS plus successful completion of the NQT induction year;
- Qualified Teacher with at least five years teaching experience;
- Experience of teaching English Language Acquisition;
- Experience in Leadership or Coordination Roles.
- Experience teaching IB MYP & DP;
- Applicants who have the right to work in The Netherlands.
This is a temporary appointment for one year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary Education.
Teacher salary scale LB: €2822 - €4301 pm (gross) or Teacher & Subject Coordinator salary scale LC: €2840 - €5012 pm (gross) - steps in the scales depend on relevant experience.
Other benefits include the 8% holiday allowance, a year-end bonus of 8%, a contribution towards travel expenses and the ABP pension scheme.
In addition staff are given a number of options for tax benefits regarding trade union dues, the costs of sports (fitness) membership fees, the purchase of a bicycle (for commuting purposes) and a travel allowance (cafeteria scheme). Rijnlands staff also receive discounts on various insurance policies.
Please see Recruitment Package and Job description below for more information.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation our recruitment process might not run as per procedure listed below. Delays, postponements and/or re-advertisements might occur without notification and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated.
Applicants are required to complete an online profile, provide a supporting statement, and upload a CV. Applicants are required to provide details of at least 3 referees from the last 2 positions that they have held over the past 6 years, with one or more of the references to be supplied by the Principal or Vice Principal and one or more from a direct supervisor. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to the second round of interviews. Once shortlisted, interviews will be conducted online or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location.
The International School of the Hague is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
To this end, the leadership team is required to conduct an oral reference check by directly contacting the current or previous employer.
Furthermore, those who are appointed at The International School of The Hague are required to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct (in Dutch: VOG). Your appointment with The Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation takes place on condition that you obtain a VOG. Needless to say, Rijnlands will reimburse all costs in relation thereto.
Deadline for applications is Monday, 15 March 2021. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible. Please note that the school reserves the right to interview suitable applicants early and to appoint a successful candidate prior to the deadline.
The International School of the Hague - Secondary Campus
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years