Teacher of English required (Full-time or Part-time)
Commencement: January 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Elutec UTC as a part-time English teacher. Successful applicants will be enthusiastic team players. There will be opportunities for career development within the department.
Elutec – the 14-19 University Technical College for East London - opened in September 2014 and aims to be the leading engineering and manufacturing UTC in the UK. Elutec is housed in an impressive new building in Barking and Dagenham, surrounded by a Business and Science Park which is soon to be joined by an exciting new film studio complex. The school has excellent transport links, with Dagenham East tube station a short walk away.
The school’s exceptional sponsors include Ford Motor Company, one of the world's foremost design, engineering and manufacturing enterprises and the Faculty of Engineering at University College London (UCL), ranked as one of the top 20 “super-elite” universities in the world (especially in Elutec's specialist areas of manufacturing and engineering).
Teacher of GCSE and 'A' Level English.
Key Role Descriptors for this Post:
• To ensure that the vision and values of Elutec as a UTC are evident in all aspects of the post
• To have overall accountability for the standards attained by all students within assigned classes
• To monitor standards of attainment, progress and attendance across classes - targeting key groups to develop strategies and intervention that supports rapid progress.
• To ensure the development of effective Teaching and Learning that maximizes individual progress, with particular emphasis on Assessment for Learning, Literacy, Personal Development
• To be accountable for the monitoring, quality assurance, assessing and reporting of progress across classes
• To have a teaching load commensurate with this level of responsibility
Teachers make the education of their pupils their first concern, and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. Teachers act with honesty and integrity; have strong subject knowledge, keep their knowledge and skills as teachers up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents in the best interests of their pupils. All teachers must adhere to the Teacher Standards
• A proven track record of success delivering KS4 and KS5 English.
• Successful experience of achieving high standards and raising standards with pupils of all abilities
• A passion to help young people become happy, productive, self-confident adults.
• A sense of fun, humanity and collegiality
• Resilience and the ability to work well under pressure.
• The ability to prioritise and to manage one’s own work and that of others.
Salary: Inner London Main Scale (depending on skills and experience)
For a candidate with the potential for further leadership, the salary will reflect the additional responsibilities.
Commencement: January 2020
Closing date for applications: 13th October 2019 at noon
If you would like to arrange a visit and/or have an informal discussion about the post, in the first instance please contact Gillian Howard, HR, on 0203 773 4672 or email email@example.com.
Please also visit our website www.elutec.co.uk