Why Teach English at Riverside School?
Riverside School opened in September 2012, we have now moved into our new state-of the-art £45m building on the north bank of the Thames with nearly a 1000 students from Year 7 to 13 in 2018; we will grow to approximately 2000 over the next 5 years, including a large sixth form. This is a great career opportunity to be part of a new and expanding school. It really is a very special place to work and pre-application visits are welcomed.
Our relentless focus on teaching and learning and developing great teachers and leaders is our number one priority. Weekly one-to-one tailored coaching sessions, termly lesson study and a generous time allocation to planning means our teachers are both motivated and highly talented. There is a real sense of passion and determination that students and staff bring to all that they do, making Riverside School a superb place both to learn and to work.
Riverside School achieved a P8 score of +0.9 and is the highest performing school in Barking and Dagenham on all key government measures. We pride ourselves on consistency and academic rigour to enable social mobility.
The English department is comprised of 11 dynamic, engaging and enthusiastic teachers. We have a well-resourced department, allowing the students to learn English through enquiry and discovery.
We are looking to appoint an innovative and conscientious Teacher of English with excellent subject knowledge and the ability to teach KS3 and KS4 English in our highly successful and collaborative department. As the school expands, there will be the opportunity to teach KS5.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for English language and literature evident in their day to day teaching.
- Show evidence of being, or having the potential to be, an outstanding teacher in the classroom.
- Contribute and show commitment to the innovative and forward thinking department.
- Contribute to intervention programmes.
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school.
- Be a reflective practitioner with focuses on continuous learning and development of practice.
- Want to make a real difference to the lives of all young people.
In return, we can offer you:
- A cohesive team of people who believe in working collaboratively; sharing ideas and supporting each other.
- The opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve excellence.
- Participation in lesson study to provide an opportunity for collaborative planning and the detailed and evaluative analysis of specific pedagogical foci.
- The chance to join a growing school with further opportunities for progression as the school reaches capacity.
- Unrivalled Continuous Professional Development and Learning (CPDL) opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress.
- Spacious well-equipped classrooms.
If you share in our commitment to achieve excellence for all, we want to hear from you. The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 14th December 2018.
To find out more about our school please visit http://secondary.riversidecampus.com/. Visits to the school before application are welcomed. Please contact Headteacher: Andrew Roberts, on 0203 946 5888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Riverside School, Renwick Road, Barking IG11 0FU
Closing Date: 12 noon – Monday 14th January 2019
Start Date: July 2019 (NQTs) or September 2019
Salary: MPS or UPS (Inner London) £29,664 - £40,372 or £44,489 - £48,244 dependent on experience
Riverside School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.