Teacher of English
Required for September 2018
FURNESS ACADEMY, PARK DRIVE, BARROW IN FURNESS, CUMBRIA, LA13 9BB
SALARY: M1 (£22,917) – M6 (£33,824)
Furness Academy are looking for a talented and inspiring teacher who is committed to making English an exciting subject for all of our students. This post represents a superb career opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic professional who has excellent subject knowledge and a strong desire to engage students in learning. NQTs are welcome to apply.
Our English Department has an energetic and forward-looking team who strive to inspire a love of reading and writing in students. As a department they are committed to supporting one another whether it be formally through coaching or informally by talking about issues freely and helping with behaviour management.
Furness Academy are:
• A medium sized 11-16 mixed Academy with approximately 800 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park;
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose;
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
• Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
• A fully established CPD programme.
• The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team.
• Raise levels of achievement for all students in the subject area.
• Secure high quality teaching and learning and lead by own example in the classroom.
• Take action to raise standards of achievement for all students.
• Take full accountability for all performance standards in the subject area.
• Make a sustained and well-informed contribution to the English provision at the Academy as well as whole Academy improvement strategies.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure. This is a permanent post.
Closing date: 12 noon Thursday 22nd February
Shortlisting: Friday 23rd February
Interviews: week commencing 5th March
For further information or enquiries regarding this post, please contact the HR Officer on 01229 484277 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively you may download an information package and application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk. Please note we only accept CV’s with a fully completed application form.