The successful candidate will teach both English Language and English Literature to Key Stages 3, 4, & 5 including (I)GCSE (grades 6-12). Ability to teach Advanced Placement English Language is preferred.
Candidates for the above position:
- Must be a qualified graduate with a minimum of three years classroom teaching experience.
- Must be an experienced teacher who has proven ability/success in the delivery of their subject in a differentiated classroom at all levels of the Secondary Department.
- Must be licensed by or qualified to be licensed by the Bermuda Educators Council.
- Must be able to demonstrate a variety of teaching and learning approaches and resources
- Must be able to demonstrate a variety of assessment and evaluation methodologies conducive to a 21st Century Learning environment.
- Must have a proven ability in the use of information technology in the delivery of the curriculum.
- Must be able to use an online grading system and be willing to create and update schemes of work and resources.
- Must have a commitment to the principles of independent education and be willing to contribute to extracurricular activities and the broader life of the School.
- Must be committed to academic excellence and strive for positive relations with all students, parents and colleagues alike.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to provide cover for absences and/or advisory.
- Must be able to thrive in a busy environment.
- Action Researcher.
- Sense of humor.
- Clean criminal record.
All applicants must provide the following information: title of the position applied for, full name, date of birth, national status, full details of secondary and higher education with dates, full qualifications with dates, full details of teaching and other experience (indicating schools, responsibilities and dates), and also the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two persons who are willing to provide confidential professional references, one of whom should be your current employer.
Candidates are requested to e-mail a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department at: Email: HumanResources@saltus.bm
Saltus Grammar School
P.O. Box HM 2224, Hamilton HM JX, Bermuda
For further information on Saltus Grammar School, please visit the school's website at www.saltus.bm