Required from September 2018
The Governors are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated teacher to join an outstanding English department in our thriving Catholic school community in the heart of the beautiful Ribble Valley. St Augustine’s is a mixed, 11-16, oversubscribed comprehensive school with 1030 pupils on roll.
We have a strong academic profile and in 2013 we were judged by OFSTED to be “Outstanding” in all areas of school life. Our Section 48 report from 2014 describes us as an “outstanding Catholic school.”
We are looking for a person who will embrace the ethos of our community and build on our strengths. The successful applicant will have:
• A passion for English and the ability to share this with young people
• Qualified Teacher Status with the ability to teach up to GCSE level
• Excellent organisational and inter-personal skills
• The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results
• The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
• A commitment to our vision of Catholic education with faith at the centre of school life
For more information about our school, please visit our website, www.sarchs.com .
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to equality of opportunity. Enhanced safeguarding checks will be required. Applications should be returned to the Headteacher by noon on Monday 19th February.
For further information and application forms please visit our website or contact Mrs Cath Gill, PA to the Headteacher, on 01254 823362.