The Trustees of George Dixon Academy are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of English from September 2019.
George Dixon has achieved Academy status due to the exceptional rise in academic performance as recognised by the Department of Education; and was given the judgement of Good in all categories by Ofsted in March 2017.
English is taught at Key Stage 3, and English Language and Literature are taught at Key Stage 4.
English Literature is also offered at post-16.
English has achieved positive GCSE and GCE progress scores in 2017 and 2018.
The Trustees wish to appoint an outstanding, confident, creative and enthusiastic Teacher of English to contribute fully to the future development of all aspects of English.
You will be working in a fully-staffed department.
The successful candidate will:
* Raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students;
* Have a commitment to inclusion;
* Help foster a culture of high expectations and achievement across the English Team;
* Have drive, enthusiasm, resilience, warmth and a sense of humour.
* Have opportunities to contribute to the wider life and ethos of the Academy.
We can offer you:
* The opportunity to join a supportive staff and work with well-motivated students;
* An innovative curriculum;
* The opportunity to join an aspiring academy with exciting plans for the future;
* A data rich environment focused on raising standards.
* Opportunities for career development
Closing date for applications is midday on Monday 20th May 2019.
Informal visits are welcome. Please contact Mr Craig Tyrie (Director of English) at email@example.com to arrange a convenient time
For more information, and to request an application pack including job description and person specification, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education
T: 0121 236 4476
M: 07921 583 731
George Dixon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
George Dixon Academy is an equal opportunity employer.