Required! - an English Teacher who is passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as, alongside our new headteacher, we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. We are currently in consultation to become a Multi Academy Trust alongside two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, and should it come into being later this year there will be opportunities to work collaboratively within the wider MAT community sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place this year.
We are looking for a qualified teacher who:
- is seeking an opportunity to pass on to students their infectious enthusiasm and passion for their subject!
- can quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with our young people and enthuse and motivate them to work hard and try their best
- works hard to ensure all students make at least expected progress irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
- is prepared to share good practice and actively seek to continue to explore ways to improve their teaching
- understands that behaviour management starts with the quality of his/her teaching in the classroom
- demonstrates personal resilience and role models those personal qualities we wish to instil in our young people
In return we can offer:
- a springboard for an ambitious professional looking to progress their career
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to a Childcare Voucher Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
Please note that if the MAT is established, then employment would transfer to the MAT.
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk, or contact the Head of School of Communication- Nicola Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs L Knibb to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form or in the event of difficulty download an application form from our website and email to email@example.com.
In your letter of application, please show how you meet items on the Person Specification and explain why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please also pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your letter.
References will be sort prior to interview.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.