Teacher of English
(full time or 0.8 suitable for NQT’s or experienced teachers)
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school is graded Outstanding by Ofsted and gained the Exceptional Schools Award.
We are seeking an inspirational Teacher of English to inspire students and join our English and Drama Faculty. English is a successful, popular and highly regarded subject at Challoner’s High and will be a very rewarding subject to teach.
Within the Challoner’s High English and Drama Faculty you will experience:
• Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
• A positive place to work with excellent facilities and IT resources
• A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team
• Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme
• London Fringe allowance
• NQTs considered; NQT’s can be paid from 1st July on UQ2 until the 1st September when, upon successful completion and acquisition of QTS, will move onto the Main Pay Scale at M2
• Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont, two week October half term
• The best advert, however, for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Head of Department
Salary / Allowances applicable MPS
Start Date September 2019
Application Deadline Noon, Thursday 25th April
Interview Date Wednesday 1st May
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits to the school are welcome
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing.
Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities
Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.