We are looking for an ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our rapidly expanding school. We need someone who is passionate about English, resilient, communicates with young people and can have a positive impact on their learning and life chances. The post could suit someone with experience delivering Media Studies, either as a qualification or as part of English.
We will offer you:
- Experience in a school recently graded "Good" by Ofsted (January 2019)
- Results at the national average and improving rapidly
- A very strong, well-resourced and well led department
- Personalised, supportive CPD
- A good department with strong leadership
- Support so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
- Strong collegiate atmosphere
- Support to achieve NPQML and beyond
- Supportive and thorough induction programme
- A primary school with discounted nursery provision for staff
- Outstanding specialist facilities in all rooms
- Strong SLT
- 5-minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
- State of the art gym available for staff use
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visiT:
- "The Executive Principal is determined that pupils leave the school as well-qualified, confident young men and women able to make the most of the opportunities available to them".
- "The school continues to get better in all areas of its work".
- "Subject leaders confirm that senior leaders give them strong support".
- "The new chair of the governing body leads the governing body with energy and insight".
- "New teachers settle in quickly".
- "Teachers regularly go the extra mile to support their pupils".
- "The school is a calm, orderly and often studious environment".
- "Across the school, most pupils try their best and relationships between teachers and pupils are warm".
- "Pupils are increasingly ambitious for their own futures and are keen to do well".
As a result, whole school results are now at the national average for the first time in the Academy's history.
The successful applicant will have a passion about learning, be an excellent teacher, have great subject knowledge with both theory and practical aspects of English and strong interpersonal skills. We are looking for someone who will help students through the pursuit of excellence.
The school is already improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by The Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from state of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Aylesbury (with the primary school) is set to increase its roll in the next few years.
For further information, contact Mrs E Perrin EA to the Executive Principal at email@example.com or clip on the Apply Now Button.