Teacher of English
Burnham Grammar School
(MPS/UPR) + London Fringe
Permanent, Full Time
(A Pastoral leadership position (TLR) may be available for a suitable candidate)
Required for September 2018
We are offering you:
• Enthusiastic, motivated and intelligent students
• A socially and culturally diverse school community
• A dedicated suite of English rooms all with projectors, visualisers and whiteboards
• A well-resourced department
• An enthusiastic and friendly department
• Gold IIP Award & IIP Champion reflects personalised and nationally recognised CPD
We want from you:
• Excellent communication skills
• A dedication to be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• The ability to engage and inspire our students
• Commitment to the highest standards of Learning and Teaching
• The ability to teach English to at least GCSE level
• A passion for your subject
• An enthusiastic and energetic manner
Closing date for applications: 10am on Friday 20th April 2018
Please download an application form from our website or telephone the school for more information: 01628 604812.
Applications should be sent to Mrs A Pankhania by email or post. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Post to: Burnham Grammar School,
Hogfair Lane, Burnham, Bucks. SL1 7HG
We are just west of London, near Windsor and Maidenhead and convenient to the M40, M4 & M25. Burnham railway station is a short walk from the school.
Headteacher: Dr A Gillespie
Burnham Grammar School as part of the Beeches Learning Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and staff and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
11-18 Mixed Grammar School NOR 1075 (6th Form 290)
“The learning atmosphere is very positive and pupils are confident, self-motivated, keen to learn and not afraid to make mistakes. They exemplify the school’s motto of ‘embracing challenge’ ” (Ofsted March 2017)
A Converter Academy