Are you passionate about teaching English and making a difference to young people’s lives? Looking for an “Outstanding” innovative and forward thinking school which genuinely challenges, develops and invests in you? Then come and meet us at Swavesey Village College
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented teacher of English to join our very successful and vibrant department from September 2020. We are an Ofsted Outstanding rated school with our own Teaching School status. Swavesey achieved ‘Outstanding’ in every category in its last Ofsted report in March 2011
Overall, 77% of students achieved level 4 or higher in both English and Maths, with 55% achieving level 5 or above in both English and Maths. The Progress 8 measure is 0.58, and the Attainment 8 measure is 55.34.
86% of students attained a level 4 or above in English with 31% achieving a grade 7 or above.
Swavesey Village College enjoys a considerable local and national reputation for academic excellence and innovation. This reflects:
• A philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion;
• A commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well-rounded individuals;
• A purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported;
• Well-motivated and engaged students;
• Ambitious, dedicated and professional teaching and support staff;
• A commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression and partnership working, as part of our Teaching School status and within our family of schools (CMAT).
Swavesey is committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff. We have a very supportive induction and CPD programme for new staff and NQTs, and can provide many development opportunities within our Teaching School Alliance (www.camteach.org.uk).
For the right NQT this includes:
• a reduced timetable for the first year, with three additional non-contact hours per week
• a well-structured and high quality NQT induction year including:
o timetabled mentor meetings
o regular calendared NQT team meetings
o access to our exceptional Teaching School CPD programme
• support for staff who wish to pursue a Masters in Education in their second year with us.
NQTs may also be offered the opportunity to do paid work in July in order to ensure they have the most positive start to their career.
Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our Teaching School status and promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
Swavesey is a village community school located close to Cambridge with excellent transport links to Cambridge and the pretty market town of St Ives.
Please view the professional development and staff services attachment to get a full breakdown on what makes Swavesey Village College such a special place to work.
If you require any additional information please contact Claire Newman – HR Administrator on email@example.com.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below. Applications by 9.00am on Monday 27 January 2020. Interviews will be held w/c Monday 3 February.
Please note we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date, depending on application numbers. Therefore, we would urge candidates to submit their application as soon as possible.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safeguarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.