Interview date: Wednesday 11 March 2020
Wilmslow High School
• School age range: 11-18
• Number on roll: approx. 2,000 (including 500 sixth form)
Are you an inspirational and energetic English teacher motivated by a strong moral purpose to improve the performance of students who face greater challenges with learning?
If yes, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative, friendly and high performing English Team.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent teacher of English and be restless in the desire for further improvement and progression
• Demonstrate commitment to developing his or her professional learning
• Demonstrate commitment to working with low-prior attaining students and ‘hard to reach’ students, and the ability to build positive working relationships with all types of student, in particular low-prior attaining and ‘hard to reach’ students.
• Have the resolve and tenacity to make a real difference to the performance of students.
• Have the skills to develop and model effective teaching strategies for ‘hard to reach’ students
• Be prepared to share good practice in teaching and motivating students.
Young people only get one chance at education; therefore, at Wilmslow High School we are committed to the pursuit of excellence for every student, every day. We do this through our dedication to learning, by being guided by values and in striving to serve.
We endeavour to preserve a happy and caring environment that is rooted in our core values, and in which staff and students can flourish, whilst challenging ourselves to pursue excellence for all our students. The school is set in extensive grounds, ideally positioned between the thriving city of Manchester and the open countryside of the Peak District.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to respect this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.