New College Durham Academies Trust comprises of two large Academies, Consett Academy and North Durham Academy, located some six miles apart in North West Durham. New College Durham, is our lead sponsor and both Academies are located in multi million pound new builds, offering unrivalled state of the art facilities for our students and communities in Consett and Stanley.
Consett Academy is looking to appoint an innovate and passionate Teacher of English to join their existing highly successful English Directorate. We would like the successful applicant to join us as soon as they can, but are willing to wait for the right person! This role presents an unrivalled opportunity to make a real difference and the chance to contribute to our journey in becoming an outstanding provider of education.
We can offer:
- A bespoke CPD package for all staff
- The chance to work in state of the art facilities
- An IPad/ICT Device for all teaching staff
- Additional staff benefits, i.e. tax free childcare voucher scheme, discounted membership rates at local leisure facilities.
- NQT’s - a bespoke training programme led by a member of the Senior Leadership Team
Teacher of English Salary: MPS/UPS
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Is consistently Good, with the potential to be Outstanding;
- Is able to raise students aspirations and attainment;
- Can plan engaging lessons and ensure the use of assessment is effective in securing student progress;
- Is able to reinforce literacy and oracy skills and encourage a love of reading;
- Is willing and able to contribute to extra-curricular activities;
- Has high expectations of their students
- Consistently models excellent practice and has students' achievement and progress at the forefront of their teaching.
- Wants an exciting opportunity to work in a vibrant school that makes a difference to our young people’s lives.
To download an application pack, including job description, person specification and application form, please visit our websites: www.consett-academy.org.uk/vacancies
Want to arrange a visit or informal chat before deciding whether to apply? Just email Human Resources at HR@ncdat.org.uk and this can be arranged.
Please do not attach copies of CV's/qualification certificates. Only the information detailed on the application form will be used as part of the short-listing process. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Completed applications should be emailed to: HR@ncdat.org.uk by Midday Monday 27th November 2017.
Applicants should assume they have been unsuccessful if we have not contacted them within 28 days of the post-closing.
New College Durham Academies Trust is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and will undertake the appropriate employment checks to meet this commitment.