Role: Teacher of English
Contract Type: 1 FTE permanent
Starting salary: £24,018 - £39,725 (M1 to U3 Fringe)
Job starts: Jan 2018
Applications close: Wednesday 21st November 2018 or sooner
Interviews: Friday 30th November 2018
At Holy Trinity our mission is to be a centre of excellence for learning inspired by Christian values where young people fulfil their potential.
We are seeking to appoint a newly qualified teacher of English who will inspire and enthuse our students. English and its associated subjects are taught up to A level.
For January 2019 we require a candidate who:
• Is an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher
• Has potential to teach successfully across all three Key Stages
• Has a good understanding of current developments in the teaching of English and associated subjects
• Can evidence their commitment to excellent teaching and learning
• Can offer English and one or more associated subjects
• Is willing to get involved in the wider life of the school
In addition to teaching your primary and secondary subjects across ages 11 to 18 there is an expectation that you may teach other subjects as directed in order to facilitate the delivery of the curriculum. Relevant support will be offered.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be arranged via HR.
• salary progression in line with our policy on pay and professional development
• engagement of all teaching staff in the TEEP programme to enhance our teaching and learning
• comprehensive induction programme
• coaching trios to share good practice
• a mentoring programme for NQTs
• an extensive programme of CPL
We support, empower and challenge staff to make a real difference in helping our young people achieve their potential. We have many examples of staff who have fast-tracked their career.
The school is an easy commute via public transport from Brighton, and from other parts of East or West Sussex and from Surrey and many staff operate car share schemes.
Application forms and details about the post are attached/on the website. More information about the post and our school is also available on our website http://www.holytrinitycrawley.org.uk/Vacancies/. All enquiries and completed application forms with covering letter/statement should be sent to HR (email@example.com) by the closing date or earlier.
The preferred method of communication in connection with this vacancy is by email. This is how invitations to interview will be sent. Please ensure that you check your emails and junk or spam folders on a regular basis.
NB: The closing and interview dates are a guide only. We intend to review applications as they are received and call those shortlisted for immediate interview. An early application is advised, as once we have appointed, we will close the recruitment process.
The Holy Trinity Church Of England Secondary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we cooperate with other agencies and initiatives at local and national level. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful job applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring service check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau check) at an enhanced level, in line with all schools across West Sussex. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warning as well as convictions, spent or unspent.