The Eastbourne Academy Ofsted report (January 2017) confirmed once again that we are a Good school. The Lead Inspector commented: “Pupils are immensely proud of their school and are keen to learn.” We have regularly won awards for national achievement and our rebuilding programme was completed in 2013 -14 so that you will be working in state of the art facilities. We operate a one to one iPad scheme for students and staff and this year obtained the second highest Progress 8 score in Eastbourne with our Year 11 students.
In 2018, students at The Eastbourne Academy achieved 76% (grades 4 -9) in English Literature; the average for East Sussex was much lower. Students also make excellent progress in English with those who are pupil premium out-performing those who were not. In February 2017, Ofsted commented that ‘The teaching of English is strong, with teachers typically having extremely high expectations. They use skillful questioning techniques and are able to accurately match their questions and tasks to meet pupils’ needs’.
Working with the Curriculum Leader for English, the person appointed will be an energetic and inspirational classroom teacher, who is already, or has the potential to be, an outstanding practitioner. The successful candidate will be required to contribute to the growth of the department through the planning and delivery of engaging English lessons to a range of abilities. The successful applicant will be required to teach Key Stage 4 English Language and Literature.
We want to appoint teachers of the highest calibre and realise that we also have to offer a competitive package. Additionally, therefore, we can offer enhancements of up to £5,000 on an annual basis for English, Mathematics and Science depending on expertise or experience.
This position would suit either an ambitious NQT or an established teacher:
● can provide outstanding quality learning and teaching in the English department, modelling excellence in the classroom.
● have the vision and energy required to impact on the continuous process of raising attainment in the English department.
● have a belief in the value and talents of all students.
● have a passion for English.
● have a commitment to achieve excellence for all.
● are newly qualified or experienced.
● can demonstrate creativity and flair in the classroom.
● can enthuse and motivate students.
● has thorough knowledge and understanding of ICT, with a proven record of using ICT to enhance teaching & learning in the classroom.
We strongly recommend all interested candidates come and visit The Academy and meet our students and staff . Visits can be arranged at any time by contacting Mrs Melanie Hopkins, the Principal’s P.A.& HR Manager, by telephone (01323 514906) or by e-mail on email@example.com.
To apply for the post, please complete our online application form which can be found via the Join Us - Vacancy section of our website.
Closing Date: 15 February 2019 @ 3.00 pm Interviews: Week Commencing 04 March 2019
The Eastbourne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.