Are you an outstanding and inspirational English teacher looking for a challenge?
Is it important to you to work in a school with strong and visionary leadership?
If so, then apply today to become part of a fantastic team at Cavendish School. The Headteacher is looking for a highly motivated, committed professional who is passionate and enthusiastic to join in the continued development and success of our exciting all-through status. If you have the skills, drive and enthusiasm this could be the perfect role for you.
This school offers:
• A permanent teacher role in a department that was in the top 5% for similar schools nationally, 2019
• An enthusiastic and committed English Department
• A strong and visionary leadership
• A vibrant community
• An exciting new environment in our all-through campus
• A grading of ‘good’ by Ofsted (Outstanding for EYFS), 2018
• Excellent CPD opportunities for all levels and interests
• Staff Wellbeing: a genuine focus on staff wellbeing
• Pupils who are motivated and keen to learn
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an English specialist with initiative and ambition to challenge and motivate our pupils
• Establish and maintain high standards
• Bring the curriculum alive through inspirational learning
• Shape the learning of English in a school that aims to become outstanding in the near future
• Have the ability to think outside of the box
• Believe in creating strong, positive relationships with the children, developing them personally, socially, emotionally and academically
• Have a commitment to personal and professional development
• Be a team player who is supportive of colleagues
The job role consists of:
• Having responsibility for teaching in assigned curriculum areas
• Taking responsibility and be accountable for pupil attainment and achievement, by tracking pupils progress and supporting individual pupils’ learning needs
• Being consistent in the delivery of all school’s policies and practice
• Supporting the Progress Leader to secure a high quality learning experience in tutor time
• Setting high expectations for all pupils through aspirational target setting
We are really proud of the outcomes achieved by our English Department. Last year our results were:
English Language 9-4: 82% 9-5: 66%
English Literature 9-4: 83% 9-5: 69%
Leaders in this school have created a positive and productive teaching and learning environment where staff have creative autonomy and feel well-supported. The whole community is involved in all aspects of school life and the school has excellent relationships with parents and carers.
If you would like to join a school with a great focus on creating an inclusive environment and where children are empowered to be their best, then please apply. You will join a team of dedicated and caring staff in establishing outstanding teaching, learning and progress for all our children.
Closing date: 9am Friday 24 January 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 28 January 2020
Start date: September 2020
Please download the application form and further details from our website. http://www.cavendishschool.net/contact/vacancies
We look forward to receiving your application by e-mail, for the attention of Mrs Angela Hayden, HR Manager / PA to the Headteacher. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all those who work with us to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/crb-criminal-records-bureau-check. We give high priority to promoting diversity throughout the school