We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic Teacher of English, from January 2018, to deliver high quality lessons at all key stages. You will have a confident understanding of the curriculum and the ability to create new and exciting resources that challenge and inspire our students.
· School: Glyn School, Epsom
· Start date: January 2018
· Salary: MPR or UPR plus a TLR allowance for an exceptional candidate
· Contract: Full Time and Permanent, Part-time options will be considered
· NQTs Considered: Yes
Glyn School is ideally situated just ten minutes’ walk from both Ewell East and Ewell West stations, both of which are approximately 20 minutes from Clapham Junction and within Zone 6
Glyn School is a values driven, learning centric and innovative school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ in 2009 and 2012. An oversubscribed 11-19 Academy, Glyn is the lead school in the successful and thriving GLF Multi Academy Trust. We are a vibrant school for boys aged 11-16 with 1253 students on roll (year 7-11), and a successful mixed Sixth form with 554 students. Glyn is a high performing school, where learning is our overriding priority. Our highly engaged and hardworking students achieve excellent examination results, as demonstrated by results of 82% attaining a grade 4 in both English and Maths in 2017 GCSE and 57% A*-B in A-Levels. In 2014, we were designated a teaching school, one of a select number that represent the most outstanding and innovative practices nationally.
English at Glyn School:
Our high-performing English Department is an exceptional team with a strong group ethic. Many of our Sixth Form students pursue English Language and Literature, and you will have the opportunity to teach A Level English. 89% attained a grade 4 and 75% a grade 5 in English GCSE in 2017.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to develop your teaching career through our extensive CPD programme, whatever your level of experience. Glyn has achieved Investors in People (Silver) status demonstrating our commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
• An opportunity to teach in a well-resourced and highly successful faculty
• Enhanced maternity and sickness entitlement
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• An opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
The successful candidate will need to:
• Be an excellent and creative classroom practitioner
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be passionate about the students’ learning and welfare
• Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extra-curricular clubs.
Interview date: TBC
GLF reserves the right to invite candidates for interview prior to the closing date. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.