Required September 2017/January 2018
Main or Upper Pay Scale includes London Fringe Allowance (£1080) p.a.
2013 OFSTED Outstanding in all categories. "Students’ attitudes to learning are excellent. They come to school ready to learn and take a full and active role in the life of the school."
2015 St Martin’s School is the highest attaining comprehensive school in Essex at GCSE with the best combined three levels of progress in English and maths.
2016 82% of students achieved C grade in both English and maths.
· Ability to teach A level highly desirable but not essential
· Average 24 students per class
· 44% of students gained A* to B at A Level
· 77% gained 5 A* to C (inc English/maths)
· Very popular: 1141 applications for 280 year 7 places
· All staff are provided with a school laptop
· Applications from NQTs are highly welcome
· Accelerated career progression available through the teachers’ main scale for experienced and/or outstanding teachers
· On-site subsidised accommodation currently available
Applications are equally welcome from experienced teachers or NQTs. Previous applicants need not apply
It is our policy to only recruit staff to permanent positions via a direct application, not through an agency placement.
Application pack available from Mrs E Varty, H R Officer: 01277 238348 or
The Governing Body will ensure that all staff, job applicants, and students seeking admission to the school do not suffer direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or belief, and are not disadvantaged by any other condition or requirement which cannot be shown to be justifiable
Closing date: Monday 11 September 2017