Are you an inspiring English Teacher looking for a new role in an ‘Outstanding’ school?
Glyn School is seeking to appoint an innovative and dynamic Teacher of English to join our hugely popular and successful English, Media and Literacy department.
This represents an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated team with a passionate commitment to professional development and a strong track record in delivering exceptional student outcomes. In 2019, 95% of our students secured a grade 4 or higher in English and 89% a grade 5 or higher. Our high-performing English Department is an exceptional team with a strong group ethic. English is a popular subject and many of our Sixth Form students pursue English Language and Literature at A-levels.
As an English teacher at Glyn School, you will have plenty of CPD opportunities for professional development and growth. Working as part of the GLF Trust comprising 40 schools, we are able to support you with career pathways for progression.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at and welcome flexible working arrangements.
TLR is available for the exceptional candidate. Experience or willingness to teach media will be advantageous.
About Glyn School:
Why should you teach at Glyn School?
Glyn School is a high performing school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ since 2009. Ours is a vibrant school for boys aged 11-16 with a flourishing and successful mixed Sixth Form. Founded in 1927, we have a rich history of academic, sporting and artistic excellence and in 2014 we were designated a teaching school, one of a select number that represent the most outstanding and innovative practice nationally. Our values sit at the heart of all we do and underpins our aspiration that every student leaves us equipped with the resilience and drive that will enable them to forge rewarding futures for themselves.
Learning and Teaching is at the heart of Glyn School. We aim to deliver lessons that inspire and engage students who will then go on to fulfil and exceed their potential. Teachers who have a passion for their subject and build strong relationships with their students cultivate a ‘love of learning’ that ultimately sees the young people we teach make exceptional progress. We firmly believe that high quality professional development is an important part of excellent teaching and we enthusiastically pursue ongoing teacher development: CPD, no matter where a teacher is in their career, is part of the fabric and culture of the school. To learn more about how Learning and Teaching underpin our school, please visit Glyn TV - the Learning and Teaching section of our website.
What other team members say about their careers at Glyn School:
"Glyn is a great place for career development - there are lots of opportunities to take on new responsibilities and to undertake professional development”.
“Glyn is a highly enjoyable environment to work in with incredibly supportive colleagues - It was this supportive ethos within the school as well as the extremely positive rapport between staff and students that drew me in to apply here. Over four years later I retain those sentiments”.
What we are looking for:
- Be an excellent and creative classroom practitioner.
- Have excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Have a proven track record in achieving excellent student progress.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be passionate about the student's learning and welfare.
- Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extra-curricular clubs.
Why work at Glyn School (please do review our Glyn Staff Welfare document that is included in this advert):
- An environment where the focus is on high quality teaching.
- An environment where senior and middle leaders offer exceptional support for staff well-being.
- A culture of coaching with regular career development meetings offered with the Head of School and Executive Headteacher.
- Exceptional CPD opportunities through our tailored CPD programme.
- An opportunity to further accelerate your career as part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools.
- Start date: September 2021
- Contract type: Permanent
- Pay Scale: MPR/UPR (fringe), TLR available for an exceptional candidate
- Pay Range: £26,948 - £42,780 (full-time), TLR available for an exceptional candidate
- Working Hours: Full time or Part time
- Closing date for advert: Friday, 14 May 2021
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 19 years
Glyn School is a values driven, learning centric and innovative school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ in 2009 and 2012. An oversubscribed 11-19 Academy, Glyn is the lead school in the successful and thriving GLF Multi Academy Trust. We are ...