New opportunities at Fowey River Academy
Teacher of English
MPS/UPS a negotiated allowance is available for a suitable candidate who could lead our Big Lottery funded “Oracy Empowers!’ project
Start date: September 2018
We are seeking someone who can bring an additional dimension to our established, multi-talented and collaborative team. Each member of the department has a specialism that is paramount to our capacity to deliver an engaging curriculum that meets the demands of the new GCSE. Our forward-thinking approach has already produced some superb results, reaching above the national average for the highest grades of 7-9 in Summer 2017, but we desire a new colleague who can bring fresh strategies to allow us to continue and build on this success. In return, we will provide a supportive, positive set of colleagues with whom you can share and develop new pedagogical approaches.
The English team have a suite of six classrooms, one of which being fully equipped with Apple Mac computers that enhances the learning opportunities we can give our students. We believe that students of the twenty-first century need to be exposed to different forms of communication, in a range of mediums and would like someone who can help us to explore and embed this further.
So, can you offer us a dynamic and creative approach that can enhance our committed and successful team? Are you passionate about teaching and learning? Will you add innovation and flair? If you can – we would love to hear from you.
In return we offer the following benefits:
- a recruitment/retention package for suitable candidates
- as a new member of staff, you will receive extra ring-fenced time in your first year to learn new skills and pedagogical approaches which you can then apply or, in the case of Lead Practitioners/ SLEs, time for you to coach and develop others.
- you will be allocated a professional mentor who will be dedicated to inducting you and then helping you grow. They will assist you to build a portfolio with career progression in mind. When you are ready, you will have opportunities to lead projects on pedagogy, curriculum design and innovation.
- you will have free access to the academy's Sports Hub, fitness suite, classes and programmes.
- you will receive a MacBook Pro and an iPad to help you plan your lessons and develop and deliver professional resources and presentations.
For further information and to apply please download the relevant application pack from our website: www.foweyriveracademy.org.uk or our Trust’s website: ALAT (Adventure learning Academies Trust) www.alat.org.uk. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
If you require an alternative format, you can contact Ali Honey firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 23rd April 2018. Please note we reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should the position be filled or we receive a high volume of applications.