Cowes Enterprise College is a wonderful place to work and develop as a teacher. We’re excited about you coming to join our team!
We are offering an exciting opportunity and challenge for a high calibre and enthusiastic English teacher to join a strong and successful English faculty. Applications from both experienced and newly qualified teachers would be warmly welcomed. NQTs can join us for three weeks’ paid induction in July.
We are able to offer an excellent package of support and benefits for the right candidates:
- a recruitment & retention allowance of £3,000 payable over 2 years or the possibility of rent free accommodation for 1 year, with reduced rent for the 2nd year in our privately owned house in Cowes.
- a talented English team of 11.
- flourishing English Language and English Literature at ‘A’ level.
- students who are a pleasure to teach.
- a strong culture of professional development in this aspiring Teaching School.
- superb, state-of-the-art facilities.
- an Ofsted ‘Good’ school with high standards and high expectations.
- collaborative opportunities from the Ormiston Academy Trust family.
About our academy
Cowes Enterprise College is part of the Ormiston Multi Academy Trust.
We strive every day to create an education that sees the young people of Cowes and the community beyond get the very best, not just in an academic sense but also in developing the skill set, confidence, attitudes and aspirations that will provide the catalyst for sustained success throughout their lives. Our ambition is:
- To empower students to become independent and confident with the self-belief that they can influence change.
- To provide the support and guidance to teach them skills they will need in adulthood.
- To encourage and develop in all members of the academy, our core values of HEART: Honesty, Empowerment, Awareness, Responsibility and Trust.
The academy moved into a new, fully-equipped building with superb facilities in 2013. The English faculty has a suite of rooms including a large ‘inspiration space’ and workroom and has a core of experienced teachers.
Cowes Enterprise College is located in the internationally famous town of Cowes on the Isle of Wight. Cowes boasts both a fantastic quality of life and significantly lower house prices. Our academy is also highly commutable from the mainland as it is situated just minutes from the fast passenger ferry link to Southampton.
Cowes sits at the northernmost point of this popular tourist destination. It is widely regarded as the world’s premier yachting centre and hosts the oldest yacht club in the world – the prestigious Royal Yacht Squadron. It has excellent transport links to Southampton (car ferry and high-speed catamaran) and to the other towns on the Island. Southampton is just over an hour away by train from Central London and is served by an airport that has regular scheduled flights to a wide range of airports.
About the role
The successful candidate will have qualified teacher status (QTS or equivalent) and appropriate and relevant qualifications in relation to the post, please see the job description and person specification for more detail.
All teachers at Cowes are expected to participate fully in the wider life of the academy as form teachers and we welcome involvement in extra-curricular activities. Teaching staff are required to meet the core standards within the framework of the Professional Standards for Teachers in England. There is an effective system for the performance management and professional development of all staff.
How to apply
Application is made by completing and returning the academy application form. For the form, please visit our vacancies on the TES website or contact Donna Harrison, HR officer.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if suitable candidates are found.
For further information or the opportunity to talk to the Principal, Rachel Kitley by telephone or to visit the academy and discuss this post, please contact:
Donna Harrison, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 1983 203103.
For more details about Cowes Enterprise College, visit our academy website: http://www.cowesec.org
Cowes Enterprise College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full enhanced DBS Clearance Certificate will be required and relevant prohibition checks will be completed as applicable.