Three terms from September 2021. The post would suit an experienced teacher or someone earlier in their career, to whom support would be given.
The successful applicant will be
• An enthusiastic and able graduate, with strong academic credentials and interests
• A warm and effective communicator, committed to ensuring that all pupils make excellent progress.
• Able to motivate and inspire pupils
• Organised, efficient and dedicated
The English Department currently consists of the Head of Department and six other specialist teachers. It is housed largely in its own dedicated suite of classrooms, all of which are equipped with interactive whiteboards. There is also a departmental office/resource room.
In the first three years, English is taught in form groups of approximately 20-22 students. The Department has its own flexible Key Stage 3 English Programme, which is subject to continuous review and development. In Years 10 and 11, English sets consist of approximately 12 to 23 students and follow the Edexcel IGCSE course for English Language (Specification A) and CAIE English Literature (0992). We teach the Eduqas English Literature A level as a linear course.
Teachers appointed to Colfe’s are expected to maintain the highest professional standards and to contribute significantly to the co-curricular life of the school. In return, those who join Colfe’s can expect to become part of a caring, purposeful and committed community.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
THE AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
At Colfe's we set out to:
• promote excellence in all areas and to develop each pupil’s abilities and character to the full;
• provide innovative academic teaching which adds value and foster learning ...