Teacher of English
(£28,632 - £40,030)
To commence September 2020
(An NQT appointment will be paid for July induction)
Cranford Community College is a friendly and vibrant secondary academy in West London rated ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted.
As a Lead Teaching School we nurture our trainee teachers to thrive and offer our more experienced teachers great career progression opportunities. We focus on collaborative team work and a positive ‘can do’ attitude throughout the whole school for the benefit of our students and the community and to promote staff wellbeing.
This is an opportunity for a passionate Teacher of English to join a team of experienced, successful and highly supportive teachers working in a high quality well-resourced environment. This vacancy would suit both a newly qualified teacher and a more experienced teacher.
What we can offer:
• Extensive support, guidance and training in becoming the best teacher you can be
• Great opportunities for development and progression within the English Department and the school
• Funded CPD including NPQ Leadership courses
• A programme of amazing extra-curricular and international visits and exchanges
• Free parking for cars and bicycles
• Access to sports facilities on site
• Great value meals and subsidised celebration events
• Workload reducing initiatives
• Healthcare cash plans
• Family friendly policies
• Free flu vaccinations
What you can offer:
• Ability to teach English at least up to GCSE and if possible also Key Stage 5
• A passion for enthusing young people about English
• Teaching creative, interactive lessons and sharing best practice and ideas
At least one reference will need to be from your current Headteacher.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment therefore all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checking.
We will contact suitable applicants as they apply and before the closing date. Please ensure you fill in all the fields on the application form to be considered for the role. Come and visit us for a personal tour if you like or visit our website for more information on the school.
Closing date: 23rd February 2020