Dates: Apply by: Friday 5th March 2021 Midday
Start date: Autumn Term 2021
Salary: MPS / UPS
Location: 152 Syon Lane, Isleworth, TW7 5PN
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
School Size: 1400 pupils at capacity in 2024
(108 per year group; 4 form entry; 1053 pupils in September 2021)
There is a potential Head of Year TLR available for the candidate who has the desire and relevant experience to pursue this path.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and talented teacher of English to play a key role in shaping the curriculum of our outstanding, multi-faith school as we are currently only in year three of its secondary phase development.
Unique features of this role are:
• The chance to shape the school’s English curriculum and ethos across the secondary phase
• Potential for promotion
• A bespoke CPD package relevant to the successful candidate’s career stage.
Nishkam School West London is a flagship school for our Trust, offering all-through provision on an expansive 11-acre green site. Opportunities like these are few and far between and will interest those with creative minds and high aspirations, seeking to inspire a new generation of children through a virtues-led, multi-faith curriculum. The journey will be one of leading your classes to excellence as the school grows to capacity, which will be immensely rewarding for the right individual.
Background: Nishkam School West London is an innovative, state of the art, all-through 4-19 school. Nishkam’s outstanding primary school opened in 2013 and the secondary opened in September 2018. The school is part of a highly successful Multi-Academy Trust (4 schools, 2 nurseries; 1 vocational college in Kenya).
Leadership and management at all levels are of exceptionally high quality. Leaders constantly check the quality of teaching and learning and provide very good support for any teacher who needs to develop their practice.
Exemplary leadership and management skills ensure that the school’s values are central to developing pupils’ learning and mind-set.
The school’s vision to ‘offer excellence… and inspire children to learn’ pervades the school. As a result, pupils are motivated and have high aspirations.
As teacher of English at Nishkam School West London, you will work in a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust (NST). NST is one of the first multi-academy free school trusts in the UK. The Trust has opened two free schools in Birmingham (a primary in 2011 and a secondary in 2012), both of which are judged Ofsted Outstanding, and a third, a primary free school in Wolverhampton. We are looking for a highly committed and innovative English teacher to work in close collaboration with other teachers in both the secondary and primary phases across the Trust.
NST has developed an inclusive, virtues-led, multi-faith educational approach that nurtures pupils of all faiths and those of no particular faith. The Nishkam ethos is to help grow a selfless mindset, aspiring to excellence as well as going beyond ourselves to serve others, to create supportive communities and to realise our true potential. This pervades every aspect of the school.
The role will commence in Autumn Term 2021. You will:
• have the rare opportunity to work collaboratively with primary colleagues and play a key role in developing the secondary phase English curriculum
• have a strong voice in shaping the everyday practice of the school as we develop and embed our ethos and routines, especially in learning and teaching
• have the opportunity to share your expertise with other subject teachers across the Trust
• be part of a global community of charitable initiatives.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work within a vibrant atmosphere and a supportive setting.
The school is based in 11 acres of green space in an impressive purpose-built single facility housing the all-through school.
Our expectations are that you will:
• believe all pupils can and will achieve highly
• build an environment through a virtues-led education that encourages compassion, humility, service; and recognises all humanity as one
• ensure excellence in learning, teaching and achievement in all of your classes within the context of a faith-inspired, virtues-led school
• ensure that standards of learning and teaching at GCSE and A Level are a benchmark for excellence and within the top quintile of all schools
• nurture a culture that cherishes childhood, stimulates the spirit of adventure and ignites a passion for lifelong learning
• develop and implement an enriched curriculum for the school that allows children to both further their own interests and explore new horizons
• develop and maintain the support and active involvement of parents in their children’s learning
• build and nurture links within the local community
• contribute to, and maintain the ethos of the Nishkam culture by drawing on best practice across Nishkam Schools, locally and nationally
• report to the Senior Leadership Team of Nishkam School West London
• work closely with the Local Governing Body
• work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and teachers in both phases at NSWL.
We will offer you:
• a very warm, welcoming and talented team
• hardworking and dedicated colleagues who are prepared to give selflessly for the benefit of the pupils
• supportive parents, carers and community
• a committed and fully involved Governing Body and Board of Directors
• a state-of-the-art learning environment
• wide-ranging opportunities for professional development
• terms and conditions similar to other academies and schools
• a strong commitment to staff wellbeing.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
To find out more:
• Please contact us via: recruitment.NSWL@nishkamschools.org or 020 3141 8760 if you wish to visit the school or arrange an informal conversation with the Principal.
• Please download an application pack at https://www.nishkamschooltrust.org/page/?title=Vacancies&pid=86 or contact the school office on 020 3141 8760
• Applications to be sent to recruitment.NSWL@nishkamschools.org by Friday 5th March 2021 Midday
• Interview process to take place the week beginning 8th March 2021
Nishkam School West London
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years