Headteacher – Miss V Gowan
FULL TIME TEACHER OF ENGLISH
To Start April 2020
An opportunity has arisen for a full time teacher, holding Qualified Teacher Status, to join the English Department at Lord Derby Academy.
You will deliver English to pupils across the ability range at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. This is an ideal opportunity for a Newly Qualified Teacher seeking their first post in an ambitious school or an experienced teacher looking for a new opportunity. Ideally, the post will start in April 2020.
Lord Derby Academy opened on 1st February 2014 and is part of the Dean Trust which has a number of very high performing schools and a proven track record of sustained improvement. The Dean Trust’s core values include traditional academic education, excellent discipline and respect, resulting in improved attainment and progress. “Believe, Achieve, Succeed” has been embraced by all of the schools in The Dean Trust. We have proved the power of these words with praise in Ofsted inspections.
Lord Derby Academy has recently achieved a significant increase in results and we see this as a platform to create further success as we raise aspirations and strive for continued improvements.
We can offer you:
• Pupils’ behaviour is consistently good around school and in lessons. Leaders’ actions have sustained the good behaviour of pupils noted at the last inspection (Ofsted April 2019)
• Leaders know the pupils and the community well. Parents, carers and members of the community have confidence in the school’s leadership. As a result, the number of pupils on the school’s roll has risen significantly (Ofsted April 2019)
• The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding (Ofsted April 2019)
• There is a carefully researched and designed training programme. Staff say that they benefit from the training programme and some are inspired by it (Ofsted April 2019)
• The special educational needs coordinator takes effective steps to support the good learning of pupils with SEND. The information provided for teachers about these pupils is detailed and supported by staff training (Ofsted April 2019)
• The morale, dedication and commitment of the staff are contagious (Ofsted January 2017)
As a teacher of English, you will be part of a friendly, supportive and dedicated department. Staff hold high expectations for all pupils and work tirelessly to raise attainment and achievement.
We are highly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS vetting procedures are required for all posts. Application forms and further information are available from Mrs J. Riley (HR and Operations Assistant) on 0151 477 8860 or email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
12.00pm Tuesday 10th December 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed