We are looking to appoint an excellent and well-qualified teacher of English to join our successful and experienced English team. This is a fantastic opportunity and would be suitable for newly qualified teachers as well as experienced practitioners with the possibility of a TLR to lead KS2/3 English Transition.
As a teacher in our school, you will, under the guidance of the Director of English, teach English across the age and ability range. You will be responsible for ensuring that every student enjoys an excellent experience in your lessons and will work closely with the rest of the team in planning and teaching engaging learning activities.
If you were to be appointed to the KS2/3 English Transition Lead role, you would work with other KS2/3 Transition Leads and support the English curriculum team in devising programmes of study/schemes of learning to promote the rapid progress of students; outreach work in key feeder primary schools and be accountable for student progress within the subject area of English across Year 7. For this role, we would welcome applications from current successful postholders or teachers with the desire to be an outstanding leader.
We are proud of our CPD offer and value the development of all members of staff and if you join us as an NQT, you will benefit from our successful and supportive Wellsway Multi Academy Trust NQT Induction Programme with an experienced, fully trained mentor who will support you every step of the way. Our CPD offer is tailored to individual need and we have structures in place to support staff at every career stage, such as our recently qualified teacher and our aspiring and current middle leadership programmes.
If you are a highly effective teacher, able to form excellent educational relationships with students and are able to contribute to the development of schemes of learning, we would love to hear from you.
In return we offer:
- A curriculum that offers English and Media Studies at GCSE, with English Literature and both Language and Literature at A Level
- A school committed to excellence that values staff and students
- A school with outstanding ethos, results, attendance and behaviour on a par with other high achieving schools in the south west of England
- A full and varied CPD programme offering teaching and leadership development for our staff
- Wider opportunities to be involved across our multi academy trust
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is a partnership of schools which span the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that are working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care.
If you are interested and want to find out more or how to apply, please go the How to Apply section.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 18 May 2018.
Interview date to be confirmed.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. Wellsway School reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
If you are interested and would like to discuss further or visit the school, please contact Matt Reid (Assistant Principal and Director of English) 0117 986 4751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be delighted to hear from you.
- Visit the school website www.wellswayschool.com
- Download the Job Description / Person Specification, Candidate Pack and Application Form
- In Section 7 of the Application Form (Information in Support of your Application) in no more than two sides please provide details of how your skills and experiences match the qualities referred to in the person specification.
- Email your completed Application Form to email@example.com
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Wellsway Multi Academy Trust will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.