Required for January 2020 or April 2020 (fixed term until August 2020)
Longridge High School is based in the green and beautiful Ribble Valley. The school draws a truly comprehensive range of pupils.
The English department is a strong and positive team that produces fantastic results.
Our pupils deserve the very best.
If you relish a challenge and believe you are an inspirational and enthusiastic teacher who is committed to achieving the very best outcomes for all pupils at KS3 and KS4, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for:
- an excellent teacher who believes every child has the potential to succeed in English through developing teaching and learning that challenges and inspires young people
- someone who can teach English at KS3 and both English Language and English Literature at KS4 to a range of abilities
- someone who is willing to contribute to the wider life the department.
We can provide:
- a school which is moving forwards and developing to provide an excellent education for all its pupils
- an English Department that is looking to build a team to deliver excellent results
- a strong ethos of high expectations and aspirations
- the opportunity to grow and develop within a supportive environment
- a location that is easily accessible from the M55 and the M6.
Applications are welcome from Newly Qualified Teachers and experienced teachers. This is a fixed term post in the first instance.
Shortlisting date: 9 December 2019.
Interview date: TBC.
Longridge High School is committed to ensuring the safety of all its children and young people.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'.
Essential: Teaching qualification with Qualified Teacher Status in Secondary English, good degree in English or equivalent, an excellent classroom practitioner with a proven record of success, experience of teaching English at KS3 and KS4, experience and evidence of impacting pupil achievement through all pupils making good or better progress, with evidence of intervention strategies employed, experience and evidence of using robust tracking systems with the ability to use and interpret.
Application forms online at: https://lhs.lancs.sch.uk/ Please return completed applications to the school via email: email@example.com. Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 6 December 2019 at 12 noon.