Our School is Growing!
Career opportunities for teachers of English language and literature in the expansion project of the International Sections of Sèvres.
The Sections Internationales de Sèvres is proud to announce the addition of two new partner schools to its network. We have been a leader in bilingual education in the Paris area for over 50 years and serve more than 750 pupils at the secondary level in the Anglophone section. A feepaying school within the French National Education system, we offer our pupils a highly challenging academic programme leading to the British option of the OIB (French Baccalauréat with an international option) and a rich co-curricular life. Our internationally-minded graduates go on to study at top-ranked universities in the UK, EU, Canada and the USA.
We are seeking to appoint qualified teachers of English Literature and Language at Key Stages 3 and 4, with some experience in the teaching of the IGCSE and A Level Literature.
There are part and full-time positions beginning 31st August 2018.
Successful candidates will:
- Be native level English speakers
- Possess a degree in English literature and ‘qualified teaching status’ or equivalent
(newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply)
- Have close knowledge of learning objectives and assessment of Key Stage 3 and the IGCSE and/or A Level syllabuses.
- Have wide-ranging subject knowledge to contribute to curriculum development
and the teaching of classic and contemporary texts
- Be confident with engaging bilingual pupils through creative teaching strategies and
- Be dedicated to the progress of pupils and their achievement
- Have excellent collaborative skills and enjoy sharing practice with colleagues
- Have some interest/experience in drama and leading school productions
- Be able to adapt to the demands of teaching and working within a bilingual educational
framework and communicating in French
Please send your CV and a covering letter by email to:
Ms Betty Lau
Head of English
The closing date for applications is 6th of May, 2018.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an initial interview via Skype.
For more information about our school and programmes, please visit our website:
For more information about the OIB programme and standards, please consult the ASIBA website: http://www.asiba.fr/brevet-international/