The Governors are seeking to appoint a well qualified, energetic, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher, with a real passion for English to deliver high quality lessons that develop a love of the subject. The successful candidate will be a team player who is passionate about all aspects of the English language and literature with a drive to make a difference.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding practitioner - Have a proven track record of success
- Have the ability to develop a love of English in order to maintain high standards
- Have an in depth knowledge of the new English curriculum
Worden is a highly successful, stand-alone academy that was judged good by OFSTED for the third consecutive time in January 2020.
The English GCSE results for 2019 saw 86% of pupils achieving grades 9-4. Furthermore, the P8 for 2019, yet again, places our English department in the top 10% of schools nationally.
Worden is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced CRB disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school in advance of making an application.
Interviews: w/c 24th February 2020
More Information can be found at www.academyatworden.co.uk
Application forms and covering letter can be emailed to the Business Manager; Mr Reed email@example.com
Essential Qualifications - Degree in a relevant subject.
- PGCE or equivalent.
- Qualified teacher status or ability to work in secondary schools under the Wolf review recommendations (QTLS).
- The role is not suitable for NQTs, but RQTs (from September 2020) and experienced teachers may apply.
Desirable Qualifications - Recent Inset in subject related issues.
For an informal discussion please contact: Headteacher - Mr C Catherall.