Merchant Taylors, Crosby has a long and distinguished history as a leading school in the region – we are currently celebrating our 400th anniversary. As a Teacher of English in Merchant Taylors’, you will join a passionate and committed team that encourages students to develop their analytical skills, write creatively and become inquisitive, independent learners.
We want you to be excellent at what you do because we will expect superb teaching at all levels of the school, and so we want to help you to develop to become an outstanding practitioner both in and outside of the classroom. We like to identify and encourage the strengths of each student and for this reason we will expect you to contribute to co-curricular activities as well.
We are confident that the learning environment and the benefits of working in one of the best independent schools in the North will be a truly engaging experience.
We will value and support your contribution to School life and in return provide you with excellent rewards;
• Working with fantastic young students
• Working as part of a committed team
• Competitive salary
• Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Extended holiday periods (term time is 35 weeks)
• Substantial discount on School fees for your children attending the School
• Free membership to the fully equipped on-site gym open from 7am – 9pm
• Free after-school child care between 3.30 – 6.00pm (located at Merchant Taylors’ Primary School)
• 50% discount on children’s on-site holiday club fees
• Provision of child care vouchers that can be used for the on-site Breakfast Club
• Support for your continuous professional development
• Provision of car parking within the School grounds
• Free lunch and refreshments during the school day
• Employee assistance programme providing a 24-hour counselling and advice line
Make your best move this year and join a school of true distinction.
For further details and to apply, please visit www.merchanttaylors.com/vacancies.
Closing date: Midday, Monday, 24th February 2020.
Merchant Taylors’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS).