Closing Date: Monday 30th April 2018 at 12pm
Salary: Main Scale Plus performance premium initiatives
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: September 2018
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels? - Ofsted 2015
Outstanding English Teacher with Leadership Opportunities wanted for an exceptional school
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial leader to work at our academy who will be a part of strong middle leadership team, supported through strong systems of professional development. The right candidate will demonstrate a commitment to maintaining the high standards set within The Petchey Academy.
This role represents a superb career opportunity for a candidate who is well-organised, willing to ‘go the extra mile’ and who will be focused on the attainment of all students accepting no excuse for underachievement.
We are looking for:
· A Qualified teacher who can teach English across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge
· A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning
· A Collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through an assortment or inventive approaches including curriculum design and teaching strategies through the use of ICT and intervention programmes
We can offer you:
· The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackneys thriving community
· Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
· Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy
· Access to a number of benefits including; a subsidised gym membership (onsite), eye care vouchers, season ticket loan, taste card and many more great benefits
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you. .
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)