TEACHER OF ENGLISH Inner London Pay Scales
Suitable for a NQT
11-18 Mixed Catholic Voluntary-Aided School
REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2018
WHY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION?
• The school has an outstanding ethos and environment for learning.
• The English Literature A Level has a very large uptake at KS5.
• The Department achieves outstanding results at Key Stages 4 and 5, significantly above national averages.
• We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing.
• Bishop Thomas Grant is a hugely oversubscribed school (in excess of 1000 Applications for 180 Year 7 places) and enjoys a considerable reputation in the local area for its academic excellence and caring ethos.
• Attainment at the school is significantly above national averages for virtually all subjects and all groups of students. OFSTED REPORT OCTOBER 2014 Bishop Thomas Grant School is an 11-18 Catholic co-educational comprehensive school and was rated outstanding in all areas in October 2014.
• Attainment is exceptionally high across a wide range of subjects, including at the highest levels. Almost all students make exceptional progress.
• The school provides outstanding pastoral support. This helps all students to remain engaged and motivated to learn. Their exceptionally positive attitude to learning is a major contribution to their achievement.
• Students behave extremely well in and out of the classroom. They feel safe and show high levels of respect for each other, their staff and the school environment.
• Parents have very positive views about how well the school cares for their children and enables them to achieve very highly.
• The Sixth Form is outstanding.
Bishop Thomas Grant School operates rigorous safeguarding procedures. Applications from experienced teachers and NQTs are very welcome. Applicants do not have to be Catholic but should be committed to working within the Catholic ethos of the school.
If you have any questions regarding the post, please contact Mrs S Branson at the school: firstname.lastname@example.org Completed application forms must be returned to Mrs S Branson the School Business Manager.
Applicants will be invited to interview on receipt of applications.