Selective academy (782 girls, 215 in sixth form)
Headteacher: Mrs J A Cornell
Teacher of English MPS Full Time (or 0.9 fte by agreement) – Maternity Cover
Stratford Girls' Grammar School is an extraordinary place to teach in, with high academic standards, a genuine community spirit and a huge level of enthusiasm shown by the girls. Our students are bright, stimulating and keen to learn, and results are outstanding at all levels, with English as one of our flagship departments.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic graduate teacher able to teach English to A-level to join our supportive, happy and highly successful school from September 2017. The English department are passionate about offering a rich and diverse education from Year 7 to Year 13. Our students respond well to intelligent teaching through an exciting and innovative curriculum.
The successful applicant will be:
• a well-qualified individual with a good degree in English
• able to teach Year 7 to Year 13
• an excellent communicator, facilitator and team player, who is committed to raising the attainment of all students.
• A reflective practitioner who is willing to take an active role in the wider life of the school.
• a creative, dynamic individual with presence and a good sense of humour.
• able to inspire high achievement and to challenge our students.
We can offer you:
• An excellent professional development programme with a comprehensive induction programme.
• Excellent career development and preparation for promotion.
• Friendly, supportive, highly professional colleagues committed to the provision of high quality education.
For further details and an application form, see “vacancies” on our website: www.sggs.org.uk or ring Jane Emms on 01789 293759
Application deadline: Monday 26th June, 2017 (9am) Interviews will be held on Thursday 29th June, 2017
This school is committed to safeguarding, equality of opportunity, and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS check will be required.