We would like to recruit an English teacher to join our successful and well-established department in January. Full and part-time considered. The department has a record of strong results at GCSE and A-Level, and a commitment to outstanding teaching and learning. The department balances collaboration with creativity: within our well-designed schemes of work there is plenty of scope for each teacher to explore their individual strengths, areas of expertise and teaching styles.
We have a strong focus on developing literacy and a love of reading, and work closely with the school library to ensure all students become habitual readers. We run an annual whole-school 'Reading Week', as well as a Year 7 Poetry Day, and annual events for World Poetry Day and World Book Day.
We also offer many extra-curricular opportunities, taking Year 8 and 9 on annual trips to the theatre, and running a Shakespeare Summer School for Year 12 students. Teachers frequently organise trips for their own classes to see productions of texts being studied. We also run Creative Writing Club, Carnegie Book Club, and weekly A-Level Enrichment talks.
Subject leadership responsibility may be available, according to experience and developments.
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers or strong NQTs. We offer an excellent NQT induction programme and invest energetically in the growth of all our staff.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
• Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith. The School is a mainstream Academy for 1,170 pupils.
• Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and SIAMS, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
• We are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and have 21 SLEs on the teaching staff.
• There are around 100 members of teaching staff. 74% of teaching staff have been internally promoted since starting at the School.
• The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
• Qualified to degree level
• Qualified Teacher Status (in a relevant subject)
• Successful experience of teaching English across Key Stage 3, 4 and 5
• Evidence of at least good teaching leading to high attainment and progress
• Evidence of relevant subject-based CPD
• Understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning and improve student performance
• Ability to set consistently high expectations for all students through class work, homework and enrichment
• Commitment to enrichment and extra-curricular provision, in the development of students
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students
• Ability to organise, plan and prioritise effectively
• Enthusiasm, drive and love of learning
• Flexibility, adaptability and creativity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form. Application forms are available to download from the School’s website.
As part of the form you will need to complete a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides of A4), in order to demonstrate your suitability for the post.
Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing date: 5.00pm, Thursday 19th September 2019
Start date: January 2020. Full and part-time considered.
Please note that applicants will be called for interview when we receive applications from suitable candidates, so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).