Our passionate, collaborative and high-achieving English department is seeking an outstanding teacher. The successful candidate will plan and deliver outstanding lessons, inspire students and contribute to the continuing development of the English curriculum and the department. We are looking for an innovative English teacher with excellent subject knowledge, who can enthuse, engage and motivate young people at all levels, and contribute fully to our team.
English Literature is a popular subject in our well-established and large sixth form, which regularly sends a large cohort of students to Russell Group universities and four or five each year to Oxbridge.
NQT’s and experienced candidates are invited to apply.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job:
- To work within and contribute to established College and department frameworks for
- lesson planning, delivery and evaluation
- student behaviour and care
- student assessment
- To actively contribute to the teaching of English across all age and ability ranges
- To remain informed of current developments in the subject area, to participate in INSET and to initiate change where appropriate
- To participate in lesson observations, learning walks and work scrutinies
- To write and lead on the implementation of the priority plan that arises from the self-evaluation
- To consistently plan and deliver good and outstanding lessons, ensuring that a variety of teaching resources are utilised
- To ensure that students’ work is marked regularly and conscientiously, in accordance with the College marking policy
- To set and mark internal examinations and tests as required
- To demonstrate a good knowledge of a wide range of teaching methods and to implement these in the classroom
- To be fully committed to the departmental and College enrichment activities programme
- To be a tutor
- To possess good ICT skills and use these as a core tool in the teaching of English
- To provide accurate information for parents as directed by the College and to attend parents’ evenings and other presentation meetings as directed