We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and experienced full-time Teacher of English to join our thriving English department.
As the successful candidate will be replacing an English Literature specialist, it is key that this is either your specialism or you have some experience of teaching this subject across all year groups, especially to A level.
About the School
Nottingham Girls’ High School is one of the country’s leading independent day schools for girls from Nursery through to Year 13. The school offers a strong professional development programme, excellent facilities and ICT resources and a friendly and supportive working environment. Our staff find it very rewarding to work here - it's a mutually beneficial environment with happy girls, making for happy and gratifying lessons and a friendly general atmosphere across all areas of the school.
As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST), the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is Monday 17 May 2021 at 9am.
Interview date: 26 May 2021.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.
Nottingham Girls' High School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years